For someone who channels personal frustration into political outrage, I'm pretty sick of this stalemate-as-truce in the wake of the Arizona shooting and hope our country regroups over the weekend. First of all, quit overusing the word "vitriol." Second, stop pouting how so-and-so did it too when reprimanded. (Seriously, "You Lie!"-engraved rifle parts cannot compare.) Third, both sides need to remember bullets, not animadversions, hit the real victims.
My youngest sister came home for a follow-up dermatology appointment Thursday, recuperating from a wide excision and eleven stitches on the living room couch with Bridalplasty and cinnamon raisin toast. I joined her for the latter with a sudden craving for butter (fat soluble vitamins, yeah?) at 11pm. Otherwise I'd done so well. An espresso and clementine for breakfast. Half a can of tuna with yellow onion, carrot, celery, cilantro, seaweed, almonds, and ginger paste on raw spinach for lunch. Then two cracked pepper Triscuits around dinnertime which burned my mouth until some instant apple cider was cool enough to drink. The Alpine brand uses maltodextrin instead of aspartame like the generic and is 15 calories a packet. It lulls in a way water can't. Anyone else hate water, or cold fluids? I've struggled with dehydration long before the daily vomitting, white-tongued, nails flaking at the tip and bruised in pale flecks. My cue for thirst is a sudden inability to produce saliva or swallow. Drinking more, my thumb ring catches the knuckle now. I'm not bloated but not losing weight either: 112.2, 112.8, 112.4...
![]() |
| Making up for the mini-rant ^ |

Awn ... I made a mistake ...
ReplyDeleteSo I said :
Thanks to follow my blog.
Have a nice and stay strong :)
Whoa. I've also always not had enough water... o.O Just cause I didn't really want it, even when I was a really little kid. O.O You make me feel more normal =)
ReplyDeleteoh when I was little I refused to drink water. It had a bad taste. To this day I hold strong that water does in fact have a taste but I've learned to live with it. Glad I'm not alone on that weird one.
ReplyDeletebtw your blog is awesome. do you write poetry? you use good words. haha. i too have a problem with water. i usually have to have lemon or lime juice with it. scared how bad that's fucking up my teeth.
ReplyDeleteyou not what sometimes really cheers me up? water is the only thing i have to "force" down.
ReplyDeletebut seriously, freshly sqeezed lemon juice and splenda (maybe not that good) do the trick.
i love the picture you posted. and congrats on maintaining 112. 117/118 is where i am back at again i would love to be 112
x
I only drink cold liquids. For some reason I've never cared for warm drinks.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I love the new photo in the header of the blog.
xx
wow really? Water is one of my favourite drinks. Its tastelessness evokes purity, as if I drank "nothing." If all drinks tasted like water, that would be fine with me.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your thoughtful words. I love what you said about innocence and ignorance; I think knowing is good. It really means a lot, and I'm grateful for your perspective.
ReplyDeletexx
I never drink enough water. I drink more cold water though. I think it's because then I don't taste "water" I just taste "cold".
ReplyDeleteAnd your QC link was right on. (Also I love that comic!) Maybe I am making this more difficult than it has to be by second-guessing everything. As long as we're both happy it's all good, yeah?
I've been dehydrated for years. I hate water. I blame my general ditziness and memory problems on my dehydration. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
ReplyDelete+1000 for the casual use of "animadversions" in a sentence. You are my hero!
I love the picture.
ReplyDeleteAnd I drink hot liquids so much more easily than cold too. I really couldn't say why, but it's nice to know I'm not alone.
I wish the flavored water powders didn't have aspartame in them
ReplyDelete