03 January 2011

Perihelion


First weigh-in of 2011: 112
Pull dress over head and step on again: 112

My week of fever, fatigue, and body aches where I literally consumed nothing for a day, then water and frozen lemonade cups (100 cal) the next two, didn't change an ounce from the 21st's reading. When I was better this weekend, I ate a prepacked tin of tuna with wheat crackers and Panera's French onion soup (sans provolone and croutons), letting C. waste the gift card from my Christmas stocking on cafe sandwiches I couldn't stomach. Fingers crept over the enlarged glands in my armpits and groin, a dubious calculation as if their swelling impacted the scale. Apparently, nothing fucking affects the scale.

Let's ring in the transformative new year with a bit more positivity. I finished the Year of the Tiger back at but down to the number previously my highest weight ever - a Sumatran instead of a Siberian. I haven't eaten cereal for over two months. My favorite was Cranberry Almond Crunch, the granola/cornflake hybrid too high in calories, sodium, and carbohydrates to masquerade as a healthier alternative. A gift certificate to Me&Goji delayed the inevitable, allowing me  to combine my love of cereal and combining things. Peanut butter has been cut down to the finely melted drizzle over a snack of flaxseed and cinnamon dusted apple slices. Time now to mend before embracing the world with energy and cleverness. Or fornication, trances, and eating babies, Year of the Rabbit Ken Andrews-style.

I'm thinking about taking advantage of membership specials while gyms actually expect to gain new clientele this month, but wouldn't they do more when they don't? When is best to hit up a gym for the maximum discount? I'm poor and public workout averse but looking for regular access to a pool.

Also, RIP Hideko Takamine.


I wanted to find a picture from The Munekata Sisters, but Google Images 
prefers A Woman Ascends the Stairs like everyone else.

8 comments:

  1. Haha, funny you should say that, I went to the gym today and it was PACKED. People have made new years resolutions to work out. But I guarantee it'll die down in a couple weeks...Average people have no will power, ha. And GO for those specials! I think if you pay for something yourself, you're more likely to savour it and make good use of it!
    Good luck!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey you changed your blog theme o.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tiger-Bunny!

    Love the new blog design and the pic of jesus is priceless!

    Fuck, I hope your glands go down soon. That can't be pleasant!

    You're such a healthy eater, I feel like such a slob! Probably 'cause I am! Hope you get your gym membership sorted.

    Hideko was beautiful, R.I.P. indeed. <3 XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, if you like black and white photos of church ruins and graveyards, check out my housemate's latest post. He did a great job! X.

    http://grantthegeek.blogspot.com/2011/01/ruins-of-st-peter-church.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum to granola & peanut butter:) I wish I could stop with just a drizzle, things always get out of hand.

    112 is a good number, I'd be fucking ecstatic to be 112!

    None of the gym's around me really ever have discount memberships anytime of the year, but if you live in a big city then I'm sure there are some. Gyms freak me out a little though, unless it's small/not busy. I used to work out at a physical therapy place & no one came in there but old old men & women so made me less anxious :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for putting out such a crap post and for being such a miserable cunt! I'm feeling lonely today, which is weird. I usually enjoy the 10 hours I spend every day in 'splendid isolation' to quote Warren Zevon! I need killing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with your veiw on the gym specials, it's a bit backwards.
    thanks for letting me know about veganomicon, if it's at the bookshop i'll have a look and if it doesn't appeal definitely not getting it. i'm not really into spending a heap of money on ingredients i'll probably only use a few times.
    i actually only just discovered her blog this morning, her recipes look so yummy can't wait to cook some.
    x

    ReplyDelete

"Never express yourself more clearly than you think." - Niels Bohr