Grateful for the recent comments, ashamed to confess this detached narrative didn't get across how I was the one inexplicably tempted by the hard-coated chocolates (and saturated fat and Allura Red AC...) I started this blog for real-time accountability, and even as another internet pedestrian, unknown at the crossing, found it difficult to admit to such failure. I started this entry feeling like banging my head against the keyboard as you would to type in Finnish.
Regained 3 of the 6 pounds lost in the last three weeks...in the last five days. Niin sairaita ja väsyneitä of living hand to mouth to pass time not spent working or hanging out with a boyfriend. I sat down to the computer with a low blood sugar headache, slightly nauseated, dehydrated, and am left pounding fists, wondering what else to do. I've consumed nothing all day but a few bites of the dragonfruit my uncle bought at a local international market and some tuna mixed with ginger paste. (Tip: Chicken of the Sea chunk light in water is lower in calories/fat than StarKist.) We pushed our Thanksgiving a day over. My mother, a nurse, often gets assigned to holidays. Over the last few years we adopted the saccharine tradition of going around the table saying what we're thankful for. I'm the only one in this sarcastic family who jokes around then, embarrassed. Can't say out loud I'm appreciative the extended family dilutes my black sheep status, preferring my sweet tempered underachievement to my sisters' bitchy, socially distracted demeanor.
Apologies to those of you suffering over the American ingenuity of deep fried turkey.
Luckily we don´t have Thanksgiving here.
ReplyDeleteYou´ll lose those pounds in no time sweetie, is not that much. Try to enjoy tomorrow.
xx
FUCK!!! I'm such an insensitive cunt!!! I'm so sorry if my last comment was in any way offensive. I really thought you were shaking your head at the others who were going at the M&M's. My torment comes from Gum Chums http://www.woolworths.co.za/caissa.asp?Page=ITB4_RHProduct&Prod=0000020123598 Evil bastards!
ReplyDeleteWhen I said that 'some of us are just monkeys with car keys', I included myself. My failures include: I can eat a litre (34fl.oz.) of chocolate mousse in one sitting; I can eat a 200g (7oz) slab of chocolate in under a minute and 2x 200g (14oz) slabs in under 5! I can't believe I wasn't bigger!
I'm pleased to report that I haven't engaged in such bad behaviour in over 4 months!
Once again, I'm very sorry. Hope you have a great weekend. X.