06 December 2010

Pale Hands I Loved So Well*

Aww, you guys. ::angry Snoopy fist shake:: Thank you for overlooking the excessive prepositional phrases and passive voice.


Living an hour and 48 minutes apart, the courtship between C and me involves a lot of online Scrabble. He signed off, "Back to bed again once the game ends. Yep made it all of like 2 hrs being up before I hit the hay."

I don't know the full extent of his health problems - cardiovascular, metabolic, hypogonadism (no testicles), keto acidosis which makes his morning breath unusually sweet - and spent a fair portion of our days together rubbing his aching joints, like we've skipped past the golden years to depression and decrepitude. He's also several months unemployed in major credit card debt, joking defensively about his impending homelessness. I typed back inquiring if it was mental or physical exhaustion.

"Well there is no food in the house. I am just trying to sleep when I get too hungry."

Goddammit. Thoughts flew in the following order: how scary / I should buy him a pizza / does that actually work. Fuck.

*

13 comments:

  1. That's really sad, E.
    Life is a shit sandwich and we just keep coming back for seconds! I hope things turn around for C. real soon.

    I love your new header. Those pasties look like viking shields. I wonder if there are brunette Valkyries in Valhalla?!

    Heaps of love. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Cinnamon - loving the new look!

    I'm very sorry to hear about your friend - that is so scary. The bunch of us complain about wanting to be hungry when there are so many people who legitimately have no access to proper nutrition :( Oh world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice blog honey, great header---really pretty woman

    ive got a new blog and perhaps u want to follow. it would be really nice.

    http://let-me-be-skinny.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm truly sorry to hear about your friend. but yeah. it does work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m really sorry about your friend sweetie.
    But yeah, that must work xD
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah
    im pretty new on your blog so this is all news to me
    im so sorry about your friend
    you should buy him a pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about C. I feel like certain people are swamped with horrible problems, and it's so unfair. But I suppose you can only shake your fist at God for stuff like that.

    I say get him the pizza. ;)

    Who's the woman in the photos at the top of your blog? She's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the way you write, and thanks for the vitamin suggestion. ill pick some up today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a friend who's girlfriend (in another state) ordered him a pizza and sent it to him. I also know, through an unfortunate discovery, that sometimes you can order pizza from dominoes online. No social interaction required.

    P.S.-Thanks for sharing that album. Very cool stuff.
    P.P.S.-I also totally dig the photos at the top of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really hope that C finds the window. There's a saying in Korea: When a door shuts, at least another window opens.

    Thanks for your comment, and thank you for following. I know for sure that he wasn't joking. We actually fought in front of those people because I was like, "How can you give me such a bracelet?" and he replied, "Well, look at you." Whatever. It's 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. for some reason, i just love this.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting my new blog -- you were the first comment!

    Fwiw, I think you are a fantastic writer (and I am very critical of damn near everything I read, so this is high praise indeed.)

    ReplyDelete

"Never express yourself more clearly than you think." - Niels Bohr