01 December 2010

Calling Time

The resolution was not to need one, to lose as much weight as this more-stubborn-than-sick body would allow by New Year's. Preemptive. November's holiday and horde revealed how invisible my refeeding proponents really are. I guess I don't have any excuses left, certainly not for why I've spent an entire month between 117 and 112, except for the weather, a sky dim as graphite and 37° that feels like 16° according to the National Weather Service. The freezing rain finally turned to snow as if awaiting calendrical approval. I need to join a gym again, but I'm too cheap and socially anxious to do so. There's also no women's-only spaces besides jazzercise centers that aren't Curves around here. Curves doesn't deserve a monthy $40 towards women's health while their corporate office donates to antiabortion groups. What hypocrisy, right?

Has anyone experienced side effects from Mega-T Green Tea Diet pills? I bought their clearance rack formula without hoodia but added calcium, more for antioxidant benefit and metabolism maintenance than crazy cardiotoxic stimulant weight loss. At first I noticed nausea when taken on an empty stomach - typical. Now I get dizzy an hour later, even with a relatively high intake (like the 230 calorie chicken sambusek plate from Aladdin's Eatery eaten tonight). No other recent change seems likely to blame.

I did, unfortunately, run to the drugstore on my 18th birthday to buy diet aids and went through a phase of tremors and nervous stomach. I kept a craft box under my bed and filled the compartments with chewable vitamins, Rolaids, fiber pills, potassium gluconate, peppermints, oral moisture tablets, apple cider vinegar pills, calcium chews, green tea gum, Stacker 2, Dexatrim, Metabolife, and one I remember shoplifting from Wal-Mart, tipping blue capsules into the front pocket of my shoulder bag behind the fabric section. It's hard to believe I could be so affected by this one supplement at half dosage, just 50mg of caffeine, which isn't true caffeine from tea anyway.

Regardless, I'm ready to move off this Siberian trap of a plateau, sitting impassive on my foundation of unstable eruptions. Resistance band reps and push-ups and an extra glass of water to start this very moment.
-----------------------------
Heard back from my "ana buddy" who checked into a psych hospital for the next two months, a single line email: I FKN HATE THIS PLACE.

11 comments:

  1. I've never tried any types of diet pills, I'm too scared...of the pills haha.
    I think you can get off this plateau :) Just stay strong ♥
    I hope your friend's okay. Sounds like a scary place..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped after that year, more because it felt like cheating. Mega-T is supposed to be low risk; I could use an extra metabolism boost. Make good choices or you'll find out what a thyroid condition truly is capable of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for the encouragement! As you know, its an ongoing struggle.
    Just a small word of advice which you probably already know- don't ever take calcium or any other supplement on an empty stomach. You're bound to feel nauseated and sick. A cracker, glass of milk or piece of toast will suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Babe!

    I'm also feeling the anxious need to lose weight before the year is out and before my birthday in January! I feel like even though I can't turn back time, I can, at least lose weight! No need to add insult to injury, right?! As for the Curves cunts, I couldn't agree with you more!

    I'm using USN Green Tea plus CLA. https://www.usn.co.za/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=84

    I'm not sure if it's available there, as it's a South African product. Maybe you should try a different brand to the one you're taking now. I didn't notice any negative side effects.

    Remember, your stomach digests in layers, it's not a mixer, like we tend to think it is. What you eat first, will digest first, irrespective. Even it you take the pills and follow with food, you could still feel sick. Probably why we're always told to line our stomachs first! Sorry if this info makes me sound like a smug fuck, it's unintentional!

    Hope you find a solution and feel better soon. XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, no worries. J calls that same quality in me Third Grade Know-It-Allism.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha it means "the hidden one" so I thought it was appropriate. Both of our myths involve running away from jealous bitches to have babies lol.
    I'm completely jealous of your archery and fencing skills, both things I've always wanted to do, especially fencing, but haven't been able to find a place around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m sorry about your friend, psych hospitals are the worst...
    I haven´t taken those pills, so I wouldn´t know
    I hope you feel better soon sweetie!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your writing is so addictive, I can't get enough!

    Good luck with the pills, it sounds reminiscent of my green-tea-on-an-empty-stomach-grossness, maybe they're manufactured with crappy green tea that hurts people.

    Much love, thanks for all your awesome comments :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know that about Curves. Thanks, I will make sure to never ever join.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried the Mega-T diet pills, but really any diet pill that you can buy over the counter gives me those side effects. I think I've done way more damage to my body by taking diet pills than by starving myself, but I'm not a doc so who knows...those things are horrid though.

    Getting over a plateau sucks. I just got over one. Unfortunately I ended it by going on a binge for almost a whole week, then like 500 calories, fast, and now It's melting away. I wouldn't advise the week long binge though;)

    I feel sorry for your buddy. I can't even imagine. :|

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, I really like the Charlie Brown wisdom too. Don't you hate plateaus? Annoying as hell really. Hey how tall are you? If you don't mind me asking that is.
    ~Lovely

    ReplyDelete

"Never express yourself more clearly than you think." - Niels Bohr